Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meal # 2: American Meatloaf

I didn't cook last week, but I was determined to get back on track this week.  Today's meatloaf recipe came from Marion Cunningham's Learning to Cook.  I got this book years ago in my RH days, but gave it away at some point.  Then I hooked up with Sweets and he had his own well-worn copy.  What goes around comes around!

These are things I learned/could have done better:
  • Timing.  The steamed broccoli was done first, followed by the baked sweet potatoes ten minutes later.  The meatloaf took about twenty minutes longer than I thought it would.  This could have been better planned out.
  • I steamed the broccoli too long and it was limp.  No more than ten minutes next time!
  • I liked this recipe, especially the addition of the spinach.  And I think that the beef-pork combo tastes better than turkey.  But it would have been better with ketchup, which is found in many other meatloaf recipes.  Noted for next time.
Overall, not bad.  And I have leftovers for lunch!

Speaking of cooking, this is the latest item I am threatening to use my employee discount on:



Heart-shaped melamine bowls.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment