Monday, February 1, 2010

What I Just Read: Googled and Cheerful Money

I just finished reading two very different books.  Here are some disjointed thoughts on each:

Googled: Whew, glad I don't work in Old Media! Yikes, Google is so powerful - though in the long term, you do have to wonder what's brewing in some Silicon Valley garage that will be the next big thing.

Cheerful Money by Tad Friend.  Because apparently I will read anything that's excerpted in Vogue.  And I did watch Metropolitan a couple of weeks ago (thanks, Netflix Watch Instantly!).  Wasps!  Snort.  We don't really have many of those here in the Bay Area.  This book reminded me of those boys on the crew team at Columbia.  I might also be biased, influenced by the sneering description I once read in SFBG of the author, reporting on California issues for the New Yorker from the vantage point of his Brooklyn brownstone.  Anyway: stories about someone else's family?  Not always so interesting.  It was just OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment